October product notes
Here’s what Clever’s been working on this past month!
Admin SSO: School administrator logins
Students and teachers have always been able to log into their applications using Clever Instant Login, but we wanted to expand that capability to everyone in a school district.
We’ve released Admin SSO so district and school administrators, such as principals, librarians, and on-site IT, can now see all of the applications and links for their district. Even better, they can access the apps through one username and password with Instant Login.
To set it up:
- Districts can add administrator users with a simple SFTP upload in their Clever dashboard. Learn more about Admin SSO in this Support Center article for school districts.
- For applications that support administrators or non-instructional staff accounts in their user interface, they can also easily support Admin SSO via Clever Instant Login. Read our documentation for details on setting it up.
Note, both school districts and applications need to support this new type of role in order for Admin SSO to function correctly. Questions? Contact our Support Team at email@example.com.
Share By Rules: An easier way to share data
We’re always looking for ways to improve how districts share data with applications. We want to make the process painless for districts while ensuring only the right data goes to the right applications.
Share by Rules is a new way to help with just that. If you want to share an app with all high school math classes, for example, you can easily set those guidelines for your data. It functions a little different than our existing Share by Section in two ways:
- Rules are dynamic. If districts upload new data that meets the set criteria, it will be automatically shared with applications based on the applicable rules.
- It’s easier to share large sets of data. Instead of having to select individual boxes, districts can set rules that will apply to multiple roster sections at once.
You can see how it works in this demo:
Login Instructions: One-page Instant Login directions
Want login instructions for teachers and students in your district? It’s now as easy as answering a few questions here, and our team will send a PDF over to you!
- November 11 at 1 p.m. EDT / 10 a.m. PDT: Clever has recently partnered up with Stoneware to add some great new functionality to webNetwork’s single sign-on solutions at no additional cost to districts. Register here to learn more about how it works for schools.
More to read
September 18, 2023Indiana district enhances and secures tech access with MFA from Clever
Find out how this K-12 district implemented an insurance-approved and end-user friendly MFA solution in just 4 weeks.
September 7, 2023Multi-factor authentication for schools: How to select the right MFA tool
By considering these 7 factors, schools can select a tailored multi-factor authentication solution to enhance cybersecurity and ensure uninterrupted learning.
August 25, 2023Steps Canadian schools can take today to better protect student data
While Canadian educators are calling for better safeguards in data privacy, there are actions that schools can take right now. Clever’s Director of Security provides recommendations for vetting vendors and building a culture of cybersecurity within Canadian schools.